The Atlantic Salmon Federation encourages individuals to become involved in Atlantic salmon conservation, and provides a voice for them at three different levels -
- Nationally and Internationally in North America and beyond through ASF Headquarters
- Provincially/Statewide through Regional Councils addressing issues within those jurisdictions
- In watersheds or portions of watersheds through Affiliate organizations that can have a major impact on the future of those rivers.
QUICK LINK for River ReportsQuebec | Nova Scotia | New Brunswick | Newfoundland & Labrador | Maine | Prince Edward Island
- 7 Regional Councils and 125 river associations
- 40,000 volunteers
- The Federation takes the lead on international and national conservation issues.
River associations actively:
- promote live release
- support watershed-wide management
- encourage partnerships on enforcement, restoration and conservation
- improve habitat
- provide input on proposals to build or relicense hydro dams
- advocate sound environmental management of industries such as forestry and agriculture
- heighten awareness of the need for clean rivers and healthy fish populations.