MAGIC ON THE RIVERS is a program offered to organizations, teachers and individuals working to enthuse young adults about the angling experience of Atlantic salmon and related species, in a 21st century context of conservation.
MAGIC is meant to be fun, but with a depth of material. It includes interesting heritage and science vignettes, and at some level, all the information needed by a new 21st century angler.
It has six modules, specifically:
- fly casting
- fly tying
- reading a river, reading a scale and the rod
- live release, etiquette, ethics and safety on the river
- salmonids, how to handle salmon, knots, and more
- looking to the future, restoration, and the angling community
The program uses a variety of techniques, and can be applied in regions from Connecticut to Labrador.
Magic on the River has been adopted by a number of First Nation programs, and a number of ASF's affiliate groups.
Magic on the Rivers is for:
If you want to know more about this exciting program, contact Tom Moffatt at ASF.
- ASF Affiliate Organizations
- Schools, as an extracurricular offering
- Summer Camps
- Other organizations with an interest in Atlantic salmon and trout conservation