Using a Salmometer
A salmometer is a conversion tool to determine the weight of your Atlantic salmon before you let it go.
- Estimate the length, in order not to over-handle the Atlantic salmon, as it will be stressed and tired from its time of play
- ASF has salmometers that read in both inches/pounds and centimetres/kilograms
- The salmometer is an average reading. There will be some variation, especially from river to river, and region to region.
- At the bottom of the page is a .pdf file with larger versions of the salmometer
- Remember to handle the Atlantic salmon as gently as possible, and as little as possible